16 Bowdoin Street
Brunswick, ME 04011
Blog.DogYearbook.com is a social media site for dog lovers worldwide.
Welcome to the blog website of Dog Yearbook Inc. located at http://blog.dogyearbook.com (hereinafter “We”, “Us”, “Our”) and thank You (any visitor to Our web sites) for visiting Our sites and considering any products and services We offer.
You hereby agree that You are responsible for all actions taken under Your Screen Name.
Note that these guidelines apply to Dog Yearbook’s social media pages as well as Dog Yearbook’s website(s) (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Be kind. Treat others as You would want them to treat You. Refrain from flaming or ad-hominem attacks. Strive to make this community a positive experience for others, as well as for Yourself.
- Stay on-topic. We ask that You try to stay on-topic wherever You post on the site. Moderators may remove off-topic and spam comments and block commenters who repeatedly post off-topic or spam comments.
- Refrain from trolling. Moderators may remove trolling comments and block commenters who troll the site.
- Use discernment in implementing any ideas You may read on this blog. You are responsible for the well-being of Your dog. You need to do due diligence in discerning which ideas may be appropriate for Your dog and which may not. When in doubt, seek the services of a good veterinarian, other trusted healer, trainer, behaviorist or other trusted professional for the health and well-being of Your dog.
- Refrain from using swear words.
- Do not post any content that may be harmful to dogs. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove any content that we believe may be harmful to dogs.
- We reserve the right to remove any comments for any reason, or for no reason, in Our sole discretion. If You have been removed from the site, You may not comment on this site under a different identity.
- You understand and agree that You will not:
- Use Our website to post, upload or transmit any content that is patently offensive, vulgar, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, abusive, tortuous, obscene, libelous, illegal, hateful, harmful, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, invasive of another person’s privacy, exploitive of people in a sexual or violent manner, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Impersonate another person.
- Stalk or otherwise harass another; or harm a minor in any way.
- Promote commercial activities and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, or advertising except as provided by the functionality of the site.
- Post, upload or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, unsolicited mass mailing, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
- Promote an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work.
- Upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Use software that automatically creates user identities.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Post inaccurate or misleading information.
- Solicit money from any poster.
You understand and agree that You are solely responsible for Your interactions with other visitors and that We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between You and other visitors. Finally, We may delete data and posts which violate this Agreement; or delete data for any reason or for no reason based on Our sole discretion.
Our Websites may contain links or display advertising from charitable organizations. While We have used our best efforts to appraise, verify and check the validity of these organizations before posting their information on Our sites, Your interaction with these charities is solely at your own risk and Dog Yearbook Inc. is not responsible for their products or services. Further, We may actually endorse and collect money to forward to these charities. Again, while we have used our best efforts to appraise, verify and check the validity of these organizations before posting their information on Our sites, We cannot be responsible for their actions.
Our Web sites may contain links or display advertising from third parties. Your interaction with these advertisers is solely at your own risk and Dog Yearbook Inc. is not responsible for their products or services.
We hereby claim DogYearbook.com™ to be a trademark of Our company.
Each blog post is licensed under a Creative Commons license – see bottom of each post for the specific Creative Commons license for that post. Any Dog Yearbook Inc-generated content on this blog is licensed under the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 4.0 International license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
As provided for in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; If You feel any content on this website violates Your copyrights please contact Our designated agent:
2375 Covington Rd.
Akron, OH 44313
by email or regular U.S. mail with the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site is covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which You may be contacted.
5. A statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Once We have received Your complaint We will:
1. Remove or disable the identified infringing material (but maintain a copy for later use);
2. Promptly notify the poster with a copy to the complaining party that We have removed or disabled access to the material; and
3. We will inform the poster that they may submit a counter-notification regarding the claimed infringing material.
Counter Notification – To be effective under this subsection, a counter notification must be a written communication provided to the service provider’s designated agent by email or regular U.S. mail that includes substantially the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the poster.
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the poster has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
4. The poster’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the poster consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the poster’s address is located, or if the poster’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the poster will accept service of process from the person who provided the counter notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a counter notification We will promptly provide the complaining party with a copy of the counter notification, and inform that person that We will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it not less than 10, nor more than 14, business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless Our designated agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the poster from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the service provider’s system or network.
OUR SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABLITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT OUR SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED; NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH US OR FROM ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO BY USE OF OR THROUGH ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US, OR THROUGH ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE OR OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US, OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO BY MEANS OF OR THROUGH ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US, OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT IS SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU, OR TO ANYONE, FOR THE STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR ARISING FROM USE OF ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY US YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE WITHOUT REFUND OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER.
You hereby warrant that You will not use the information provided by Us in violation of any State or Federal law. Further, You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Us harmless, as well as holding harmless Our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and suppliers, and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any claim, action, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party or governmental agency arising out of or related to Your use of any service offered by Us or Your violation of this Agreement, including without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, interference with property rights, trespass, violations of Federal or State Law, patent infringement or plagiarism. We may, at Our sole discretion, assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by You. The assumption of such defense or control by Us, however, shall not excuse any of Your indemnity obligations.
INTENDED FOR USERS OVER 13
Our services are available and may only be used by individuals who are 13 years of age and older. You represent and warrant that You are at least 13 years old and that all registration information You submit is accurate and truthful. You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
The Terms and Conditions described herein are the only representations, warranties, and understandings between the parties with respect to the products and/or services described herein.
In the event of a dispute, You agree to attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting admin@ DogYearbook.com prior to taking any other action. Failure to contact Us to attempt a dispute resolution prior to taking any other action will result in a breach of this Agreement by You. This Agreement and Your use of Our web site are governed by the laws of the State of Maine, and the courts of general jurisdiction located within Cumberland County, Maine, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of, relating to, or concerning this Agreement or any other controversy between You and Us. You hereby waive any right to a trial by jury in the event of any controversy or claim relating to this Agreement. In addition to the foregoing, in the event of any breach or violation of this Agreement, We shall be entitled to enforce all of Our legal remedies for the breach or wrongful activity including, but not limited to, seeking actual damages, the maximum amount of statutory damages under applicable statutes and Acts, profits, treble damages, and attorneys’ fees and costs. These remedies and damages are in addition to the monetary payments described above and/or any amounts otherwise due under this Agreement.
If any provision, or portion thereof, of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, the You and We agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement and further agree to substitute for the invalid provision a valid provision which most closely approximates the intent and economic effect of the invalid provisions.
The headings of this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not be used to construe the meaning of this Agreement.
This Agreement is effective as of March 16, 2017. We reserve the right to revise this policy from time to time without prior notice. You will be notified of any material changes in Our Terms of Service by a posting at the top of this page.